Monday 18 March 2013

My short thoughts on YouTube.

At this moment, I’m meant to be writing another article for my job, because that is a thing I do now. But its twenty to two in the morning and I really need to sleep.

As a result of my insomnia, which is a clear indication that I'm a timelord, I've found my way onto youtube. Of course, I've gone through an insane amount of cat videos, along with puppy videos, funny baby videos, fail video, win videos, knife song videos, squirrel videos, Harlem Shake videos, Gangnam Style video and more cat videos. But there is something that, I personally, am finding less off, and thats the endangered species of the vlogger.

By this, I don’t mean vlogger as in the big players, the ones who just make a "ten things I've noticed video", or a "challenge" video to get as many likes and view as possible, I mean, the ones who just talk about life, and talk about what they are thinking, or their random idiosyncrasies that make them interesting and genuinely awesome people.

This thought process started when I stumbled across ImagineJohanna, and I realized that she reminds us why most people started vlogging in the first, to talk about life and to share stories from her past. She doesn't have an agenda, she doesn't want to try to sell you merchandise or make a ton of money, she just wants to tell her story.

At this point I should go on a bit of a rant about how there are no ‘old skool’ vloggers left, but really, we just need to look. Everyone has got a story to tell, but some are just louder than others, it is up to you who you choose to listen to, just make sure you choose wisely.

Have a nice life

No comments:

Post a Comment