Friday 11 October 2013

NaNoWriMo And Sleep Deprivation

For the more perceptive of you who are reading this post in October or November of 2013, you will notice the giant bad-ass banner that is at the top of this blog.

This giant bad-ass banner is there to inform you that I am going to be attempting to do NaNoWriMo this year. I am useless at giant bad-ass things like this, so it is a bit of a surprise that this condemned blog is somehow still floating and by some divine intervention has 5171 pageviews.

Although I suspect that it's just my mum pressing refresh 5171 times, she is my biggest fan. Love ya mum.

NaNoWriMo is a yearly event that is rather simple, write a 50,000 novel in 30 days. I have tried writing before but most of my attempts ended with something that is a akin to a cow throwing up and eating it's own vomit four times in a row.

So to help me stay on track, I've made myself a few rules:
  • Write at least 1667 words a day. (some clever person typed 50,000 divided by 30 into their phone.)
  • Update this blog everyday with my progress.
  • Get my sorry little ass off my bed and out into the big wide world, or failing that, Milton Keynes.
  • Get some sleep every night.
It's almost eight in the morning and I've pulled yet another radically boring all-nighter. I need to stop going to sleep in the morning. With the way my body clock is tuned right now, I could move to Hawaii. I hear it's lovely this time of year.

In other news, later on today I have an interview with ASDA.   

No comments:

Post a Comment